Given the human capital and assets the University possesses, the University of Juba is in a unique position to provide high quality services that can generate extra revenue to fund its own expansion and infrastructural development. It can also facilitate the transfer of technology and know-how to vital sectors of South Sudan Economy.
In March 2014, a new leadership team was appointed. In line with the new management team’s view that the University of Juba can draw its resources from four sources:
- Government grants
- International development assistance
- Fundraising fro specific projects
- Revenue generation through business and investment
A proposal was presented on 13th of June, 2014 to Deans’ Board about registering and setting up a trading entity going by such name as “UNIVERSITY OF JUBA ENTERPRISES LIMITED” or UJE in short. UJE has now been registered in South Sudan as a company limited by shares.
To become the leading regional and global service and technology firm by 2030
To create a financially independent university through innovation
- Generate revenue to fund the university infrastructural development and necessary equipment acquisitions
- Provide extra employment for university staff and students
- Generate job opportunities for the communities around the city of Juba to revitalize the city’s economy
- Help in technology transfer to vital sectors of the South Sudan economy via joint ventures for international firms.
General Contact Information
Tel: +211 (0) 955 570 143; +211 (0) 955 003 400
Address: The Lundin House, Custom Road, Juba