The school of Management Sciences is an off shoot of the College of Social and Economic Studies which was established in 1977. The new School started operating in 1999 focusing on Accounting and Management in the public and private sectors. The School trains technical and professional personnel in the social sciences of Accounting, Business and Public Administration to meet National, State and Local strategies for social and economic development within the framework of privatization and liberalization policies. The School networks and conducts research through faculty members and students, and collects necessary data as an important link between the University of Juba, government departments and the civil society. The three departments in the School are Accounting, Business and Public Administrations.
To be a leading national School of Management with globally competitive graduates, cutting edge research and leadership in management of both private and public sectors.
The School of Management Sciences is committed to making a difference in the Republic of South Sudan and beyond in the fields of management, entrepreneurship and innovation.
The core values upon which the School of Management Sciences builds its reputation and success are:
- Quality and Excellence:Holds extremely high standard, lofty ambitions and the pursuits of excellence through commitment to rigorous intellectual standards in teaching, learning and innovation
- Leadership and Teamwork:is committed to promoting individual and institutional leadership roles to drive social development, professionalism, responsibility and innovation. Collaboration and cooperation are recognized as necessary means of attaining excellence.
- Freedom of Inquiry:Rigorous and honest intellectual exploration is fundamental to the academic tradition, and shall be reflected in every facet of scholarship at the School.
- Fairness and Integrity:Abides by the principles of social justice, equal opportunity and cultural diversity, holding members of its community to the highest standards of honesty, respect and professional ethics.
- Transparency and Accountability:is committed to openly placing its scholarly ideas and work at the disposal and benefit of society and scholars.
- Discipline:Focuses on a disciplined behavior, interaction and approach to its professional work.
Strategic Goals/ Objectives:
- Running of Undergraduate Diploma, Bachelor and Postgraduate Programs in the Fields of Accounting, Business and Public Administration.
- Providing in-service training courses for serving officials, entrepreneurs and business leaders to enable them participate in the social and economic development of South Sudan.
- Acting as resource Center for research and accumulation of data on management systems and procedures.
- Assisting in the development of professional cadres for the private and public sectors in the fields of Management and Accounting.
- To establish contacts and links with national, regional and international institutions engaged in similar study and research activities.
General Contact Information