The Centre for Languages and Translation provides a study program in the area of linguistics and Translation for post-graduate students as well as Accredited Translation Services to the general public.
The centre offers the following courses:
- MA in General Translation
- Post Graduate Diploma in General Translation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Translation
- International Diploma in English Language
- Diploma in Linguistics
- English Language Proficiency Course
- English for Academic Purpose
In addition, Diploma students may be able to upgrade to a BA in Translation.
The Centre has been able to offer English Language Proficiency and English for Academic Purpose courses.
The challenges facing the Centre include limited resources including staff shortages.
- The reviewing of the curriculum
- Expansion of the Proficiency Courses to include:
- Other languages (French, Swahili, National Languages of South Sudan, Arabic);
- Diploma in Linguistics and other languages;
- Diploma in General Translations;
- Intermediate Diploma in English Language;
- Upgrading of the Centre to a School of Languages and Translation.
- Introduction of the use of modern technology in language teaching
General Contact Information
Tel: +211 (0) 956 197 122
Address: Main Campus