The University of Juba:
Inventing the Future…Transforming Society
To become a dynamic regional and world-class centre of excellence in teaching, research, innovation, and service to community by 2030.
UoJ Mission Statement
The University of Juba is a leading educational centre of excellence that is committed to national economic empowerment and social transformation through provision of quality education, pursuit of relevant research, promotion of innovation, facilitation of technology transfer, revival of national cultural heritage, protection of environment, and service to community.
The Core Values and Guiding Principles to Embrace
- Encouragement of free and independent thought;
- Celebration of scholarship, excellence, creativity, and initiative;
- Working as a team;
- Maintenance of an inclusive, safe, and clean working environment for students and staff;
- Providing equal opportunity to all.
The University of Juba is a comprehensive primer South Sudan’s University. Established in 1975 and admitted first students 1977. It currently boasts 10,000, students and 400 faculty spread across 8 colleges, 2 schools, 4 specialized centres, and 2 Institutes. We are based in Juba down town, the beautiful and cosmopolitan capital of South Sudan. Colleges include law and medicine, engineering, agriculture, natural resources and environmental sciences, applied and industrial science, education, computer science, management sciences. Our graduate school of Public Service is one of kind in the country that is embarked in training of exceptional leaders for government, NGOs, and private sectors. Our Centre for Peace and Development Studies provides the only graduate postgraduate programmes in security, strategic, diplomatic, and humanitarian and development studies.
- Facts and Figures
- Governance (Chancellor, Chairman of Council, VC, Deputy VC Academic, Deputy VC Administration and Finance, Registrar Administration and Finance, Academic Registrar, Financial Controller, Librarian)
- Governance (University Council, Senate, Dean’s Board, College Boards)